Thursday, November 7, 2013

Slim Pickings

The kids and I picked about 10 golden cherry tomatoes, some mint and cilantro (for my spring roll toppers - kids won't eat either), and some unauthorized lettuce. "Unauthorized" because I would have said it was too small to pick, but the 2 y.o. has a "better to ask forgiveness than permission" policy. Those golden cherries just keep on giving, and we keep taking. I watered my new seed area (lettuce, carrots, etc.) and kept my fingers crossed. We'll be out of town for the long weekend so I hope the watering will last them until Tuesday. I also gave my mint its periodic cutting-back; it always seems to love it and come back stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment on kids and/or gardening and/or the optimistic delusion of mixing them!