Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Good News

Almost as cute as human babies

I'm so happy! First, I've got some Blue Lake green bean seedlings up, basically overnight, after about a week in the ground. Second, I picked the first blackberry of the season (about a zillion more are on their way) and got to eat it all by myself. It may be the last one I get, but it was tasty.

Third, today is the first day of my preferred local crop swap. Even if I don't make it tonight, I finally have an outlet for my excess cilantro and green onions. Phew.

Yee-haw!
When the kids get home from school, I'll share all this good news with them. Or maybe I won't - give the bean seedlings a few more days before subjecting them to the likelihood of getting trampled by enthusiastic viewers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment on kids and/or gardening and/or the optimistic delusion of mixing them!