Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Four Season Gardening

Every climate is different of course, and one benefit of my cooler, foggier one is that at least theoretically, I can grow lettuce from seed year-round. I put in some Salad Bowl and Winter seeds today in a pot, placed right next to where an earlier round of Salad Bowl did great and is just now winding down. Meanwhile, I had to discard the transplanted radishes that were started indoors from seed (so the kids could watch them). I think I waited too long to transplant them and they got irredeemably overgrown. I could probably start more radish seeds but... eh. Nobody really likes them so there's not a warm feeling of success when they do well and no hard feelings when they fail. I'd rather have a bit more emotion at stake in my dirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment on kids and/or gardening and/or the optimistic delusion of mixing them!