Monday, September 9, 2013

Seasonal Recipes: Lemon-Tomato Pasta Salad

When will I learn that you have to harvest EVERY DAY when tomatoes are in season? This is about half of what I picked, and I only got to two plants. At least I had already incorporated tomatoes into the week's menu plan, so I could use up most of them. We like this pasta salad from Epicurious. It does turn out a bit oily and garlicky, so feel free to ratchet down those ingredients. I also always add more tomatoes - since, after all, I'm trying to use up the harvest. I also use these Alliums of Mystery (tm) in place of the green onions called for in the recipe. I think mine might actually be leeks?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment on kids and/or gardening and/or the optimistic delusion of mixing them!